[wdmaudiodev] AW: Re: AW: Re: sample User mode installable multimedia driver

  • From: "Tobias Erichsen" <erichsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:23:36 +0100

Hi everyone,

I would vote for a MIDI-sample-driver that should also be part of the standard
Windows 7 shipment which
implements a generic virtual MIDI-port which can be used by
applications/services to create/destroy ports
on the fly using a private interface to the driver.

This way software-vendors could implement various functionality (midi-matrixes,
network-transport-layers...)
without worrying about the (sometime gruesome ;-) details of driver-writing.
And the Windows-platform
would gain functionality that already exists on competing platforms...

This sample would also be a good blue-print on how to implement such
functionality for other audio-driver
types...

Best regards,
Tobias