[wdmaudiodev] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: ASIO Driver

  • From: wdm <wdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:34:12 +0100

> because under WDM the sample rates of the different pins of
> ONE device are not guaranteed to be exactly the same. Input
> might run at 44101Hz while output runs at 44099Hz (for
> whatever reason).

OK - I see what you mean - it's not really about different
samle-rate, but rather differing precision of multiple
sample-rate clocks. I see your point. As I intended to allow
for multiple devices later on, I have to provide some
way of skew-compensation anyway - but in the meantime I
will assume a perfect world ;-)

> Moreover the pins can't be started
> synchronously so your input callback and output callback

This is true, and would lead to a somewhat greater latency
than possible with a synchronous approach.  But setting all
the pins to PAUSE, filling in buffers and afterwards setting
all states to RUN should minimize the offset...

Tobias