[wdmaudiodev] Re: AW: DirectSound and XXDVD Strange behavior

  • From: Nick Gorohov <engkosha2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:52:46 -0700 (PDT)

Dear David!

1) correct, The App does not do that.
2) True; DSound can ( and in some cases will ) insert
  "silence pack" ( buffer with 0's ) into stream, so, driver
   may receive such 0 packs from "nowhere". Wave driver
   will never do that.

  It should not be a problem for you, just ignore this packs
and continue search for the spdif header key-word. Microsoft
is slowly going to the idea with never stopping audio on PC;
that means, they will never fix this for you (I mean silence
insertion)

Nick Gorokhov