[wdmaudiodev] AW: Digital Audio Loop Back deivce/driver

  • From: "Klaper Martin" <Martin.Klaper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:20:28 +0100

Hi Alex
Can I get your modified source code?
Thanks
Reafrds Martin

________________________________

Von: wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx im Auftrag von Alex Rosenbaum
Gesendet: Fr 18.02.2005 22:45
An: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [wdmaudiodev] Digital Audio Loop Back deivce/driver

Hello,

I've just start working with WDM.

I am trying to implement a virtual audio device and can loop all WaveOut audio
to the WaveIn on a Win XP and 2K OS. Something similar to the VAC (Virtual
Audio Cables).

This is good for recording from other application or playing wave files in to
some application.

I started by taking the MSVAD Simple and replacing the savedata.cpp with my own
loopdata.cpp.

After some playing around it even started to work.

So the questions:

1) Now I want to have several of these instances in the "Control Panel" ->
"Sound and Audio Devices" -> Audio tab -> "Sound Playback" and "Sound
Recording".

- What do I need to do?

- Multiple inf files? Multiple interfaces in the inf file? Couldn't figure that
out.

2) In VAC I think he implemented an upper-layer filter or something like that.

- How do I get started with user-mode drivers/devices?

- Any reference code for audio user-mode dll?

- What can it offer me?

3) If I stick with the WDM MSVAD sample, do I have to get a cat file from MHQL
for smooth installtion?

- Is there any way of installing drivers without the cat file and the popup
warning?

If you have a good reference for a "virtual audio loop device" that has
multiple appearances in the Sound Playback, please email me some information.

Thank you,

Alex Rosenbaum

SAM - Answering Machine for Skype users

http://www.freewebs.com/skypeansweringmachine/