[wdmaudiodev] Re: AW: ASIO Driver

  • From: "Amar Kumar" <akumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:25:56 +0530

-----Original Message-----
From: wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdmaudiodev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of wdm
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 12:07 PM
To: 'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [wdmaudiodev] AW: ASIO Driver

> I am trying to write a ASIO driver for the AC97 sample driver
> given along
> with the DDK. But I don't know how to communicate the ASIO
> driver with AC97
> sample driver and vice-versa. Can any one help me out and
> tell me how it can me done.

Hi there,

I'm currently writing a generic ASIO-driver which layers itself
above any WDM-KS. It will only allow for 2 channel in / 2 channel
out in the first version, but will be enhanced a little later...

As soon as the driver is done you can download it at:
  www.asio2ks.de

Tobias

Hi,

That's really nice.

>From the your mail what I get is that your generic ASIO-driver would be
having some standard IOCTLS/methods defined by you which the WDM-driver &
hardware has to expose/implement in order to make it run. Am I right with
this assumption.

Thanks,
Amar.