[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream-based MIDI support

  • From: Eugene Gavrilov <egavrilov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matt Gonzalez <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:39:43 +0400

Hello Matt,

Sorry,  I've  just noticed your reply to my question. Glad to meet you
here!

> In that case, I think you'd want to do this:
> KsStreamPointerAdvanceOffsets(LeadingEdgeStreamPointer,0,12,FALSE)
> 4 bytes for the timestamp + 4 bytes for the ByteCount field + 4 bytes
> for the MIDI data.

Yep,    I   implemented   in   similar   way,   but   had   to   use
KsStreamPointerAdvance()  instead  of  AdvanceOffsets().  This  worked
fine.  (The  problem  was with SysEx data and one unnecessary byte for
regular MIDI data).

> It's not documented or anything, but it worked for me.

Yes.  We even sent a request to Microsoft and got some clarifications,
but  there  was  a  minor  issue  -  additional  zeroes  sent  to  the
application.   It   was   possible   to  solve  this  only  by  using
KsStreamPointerAdvance(). (Strangely, AdvanceOffsets() was supposed to
produce the same result, but it did not).

Regards,
 Eugene Gavrilov
 Software Engineer,
 CEntrance, Inc.