[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream driver in Vista

  • From: Mitchell Rundle <mitchr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:42:48 -0800

Offhand I'm guessing your device doesn't report correct values for
KSPROPERTY_PIN_GLOBALCINSTANCES, or doesn't support this property at all.  You
can tell by running KSStudio.  Instantiate the filter and look at the "Pin
Factories"->"Instance Data" node in the "Instantiated Objects" treeview.
mmsys.cpl opens up a stream on each capture endpoint to do the meters, so when
you navigate to the "Advanced" page, the global instance count should be
PossibleCount=1, CurrentCount=1.  The "Advanced" page makes calls to code in
audiosrv that relies on these values being correct.

Regards,
Mitch Rundle