[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream audio capture stalled?

  • From: Waldemar Haszlakiewicz <waldemar.haszlakiewicz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mathieu Routhier <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 09:43:35 +0100

Hi Mathieu

MR> I'll try my luck here.  I have written an AVStream audio driver: it
MR> contains two filters factories: one for playback, one for capture.  My
MR> playback filter works great but I'm having problems with my capture
MR> filter.  Btw, I use pin-centric processing.
1st there is no need to have 2 filter factories, you can have both( really 4
pins(included bridge
pins, maybe you can have only 1 bridge pin -> haven't tested) in 1 filter
factory and
every pin will be on it's own ).

MR> When I press record on 'sound recorder', the capture pin is created, its
MR> format is set accordingly, its state gets switched to KSSTATE_RUN, but
MR> then... nothing happens.  The pin process dispatch never gets called, no
MR> matter if I call KsPinAttemptProcessing().  I also removed the
MR> KSPIN_FLAG_DO_NOT_INITIATE_PROCESSING flag, which I needed to use.
MR> Whatever I do, PinProcess does not get called, and
MR> KsPinGetLeadingEdgeStreamPointer() always returns NULL.
Just an idea:
If you are using Softice you can dissasemble ks.sys with IDA(interactive
disassembler) and use
ida2softice IDA plugIn to load the disassembled source to SoftIce
(i2s has a small bug -> sometimes the source lines have 1 line offset to where
they should be ->
but the plugIn can still be used).

Then you can call KsPinAttemptProcessing and trace where the process is stalled.

I know this idea is a little tough, but once you know how to use it the things
get much simpler.

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz