[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream and Wave Devices

  • From: "Sam Tertzakian" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 15:37:08 -0700

Hi,

If I explicitly break the rules is in the DDK and call
IoRegisterDeviceInterface() using KSCATEGORY_AUDIO_DEVICE (in addition to
CAPTURE and RENDER), then, my device appears in KsStudio under
KSCATEGORY_AUDIO, KSCATEGORY_AUDIO_DEVICE, KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE and
KSCATEGORY_RENDER).

But, the device does not appear under GraphEdit's "Audio Capture Sources".
And the device is not listed under the Control Panel in Sounds Control
applet.

I know I am not supposed to explicitly use KSCATEGORY_AUDIO_DEVICE because
it is reserved for SysAudio. But, it does get me a bit farther.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:12:19 +0200
From: "Markus Bollinger" <bollinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello!

If I have two identic Soundcards installed on my PC (e.g. "Creative Sound
Blaster PCI"),
on MME the second card gets the extension "(2)" to it's friendly device
name.
To select a device, MME based applications, the WaveMapper or SoundVol32
work correctly.

But in DirectSound the "(2)" is not added.

When I use WindowsMediaPlayer 10, I cannot select the second card
When I use WinAmp 5, I can select the second card for output, but it will
play on the first one.

Have I to consider this as application bugs, or should the driver implement
some workaround :

I saw that with KSPROPERTY_GENERAL_COMPONENTID
the devices can be renamed in the driver, but it seems that this does not
work on Windows 2000

Do you know other solutions ???

- Markus

You can find Digigram at:
Integrated Systems Asia, Suntec, Singapore, October 12-14, 2005, Booth
number: F110

End of wdmaudiodev Digest V2 #110