[wdmaudiodev] Re: AVStream Vs PortCls in MF/MMAPI/WASAPI

  • From: Matthew Gonzalez <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 21:58:49 -0700

Yes, you can build an audio only driver using AVStream. Our FireWire audio drivers do just that.

Matt

On 6/29/13 3:34 AM, Richard Lince wrote:
Hello,

Can an AVstream driver create an Audio only filter via a filter factory
(perhaps in addition to video filters) that are seen as part of mf / mmapi /
wasapi?

Must I use a portcls driver to do this?

I have tried using different KSTOPOLOGY_CONNECTION structures, does an example
exist?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Richard Lince,