[wdmaudiodev] Re: APO, filter driver, virtual audio device and certification

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 16:16:50 +0000

There is no supported way to add audio effects to all applications and
hardware. You can tie yourself to particular hardware by writing a driver, or
you can tie yourself to a particular app by writing a custom audio effect and
using the MediaExtensions API.

manipulating FxProperties

Don't do this. The internal structure of the effects property store is not
documented, and manipulating it directly is not supported. When we change the
internal implementation of the IPropertyStore interface, your solution will
break.

DisableProtectedAudioDg

Don't disable protected AudioDg - you'll break apps which rely on PlayReady DRM.