[wdmaudiodev] Re: APO
- From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 15:02:53 -0700
Help Engineers wrote:
1. Can we Convert the Effects of Audacity as the sAPO.
2. Can we Convert the Algorithms written in MATLAB as the sAPO
Can the functions of the .C generated from the MATLAB using
matlabcoder can be called from existing apo like swap and delay from
3. How to write a wrapper between this .C code and swap apo to call
the functions of .C from swapapo.
Of course it's possible. An APO is not magic, it's just a user-mode
DLL. You can put whatever math you want inside APOProcess. No
"wrapper" should be necessary. Installing an APO is usually harder than
coding the APO.
The more difficult questions are not "how", but "why". Remember that
you can't write and distribute a "general purpose" APO. An APO is
always part of the driver package for a single device. If you're not
selling audio hardware, then you don't really have a place to put your
APO. Also, most of the effects in Audacity are not things you would
want applied to every byte of every piece of audio you play. That's why
most effects make much more sense embedded in an applications that can
use them, and not as system-wide objects where they impact performance.
Tim Roberts, timr@xxxxxxxxx
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Other related posts: