[wdmaudiodev] AERT_Allocate in an sAPO

  • From: Tom Erbe <tre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 16:18:49 -0700

AERT_Allocate and AERT_Free are recommended in a PP presentation "Audio Device Driver Implementation Guidelines" for allocating non- pageable memory. In theWinDDK\inc\baseaudioprocessingobject.h AERT_Allocate is defined as:

AERT_Allocate(size_t size, void **pMemory);

This seems straightforward, but in the comment, size is defined as:

//      size - [in] Number of input connections.

I would expect size to refer to the number of bytes - or am I missing something?

Also, what is the memory limitation - that is, when will I get a E_OUTOFMEMORY?

Thanks, Tom

/> tom erbe | soundhack | 608 carla way  la jolla, ca  92037
/>  tomerbe - at - san.rr.com | http://www.soundhack.com
/> http://music.ucsd.edu/~tre | http://www.myspace.com/tomerbe