[wdmaudiodev] AC3 over WaveCyclic

  • From: Tomislav Harsnabovic <hars@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:14:02 +0100

Hello all!

I am currently working on a driver for an ordinary PCI soundcard based on the WaveCyclic port class, and I'm desperately trying to pass an AC3 stream over S/PDIF. Unfortunately, my decoder doesn't make a sound. For testing purposes, I utilize KsStudio and its 'Dolby Digital File Source' test filter because PowerDVD/WinDVD aren't able to connect to the SPDIF interface for some reason - they decode to PCM instead and pass the PCM stream down to the driver, which works flawlessly like every other PCM stream.

The sound controller's registers and stuff are correctly set for an AC3 stream, so my first guess was that the AC3 frames were chopped by WaveCyclic's stream copying mechanisms. Therefore I tried to force a framing size of 0x600 bytes (size of an AC3 frame) and a DMA size which is a multiple of 0x600 bytes. But that didn't help. And now I'm a bit lost here because I ran out of good ideas.

I'd be grateful for some directions.

Cheers,

Tomislav