[wdmaudiodev] Re: AC3 over SPDIF -using WDM

  • From: "Vargheese Baby" <vargheese.baby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:56:40 +0530

Devendra,

I could resolve the issue which  I was facing. Let me explain the scenario.

Earlier I was using VLC for AC3 play back. It is having AC3 decoder with it
; thus it convert AC3 to PCM and downstream to my driver. But my driver gets
the AC3 tag(0x92) and gets the stream through AC3 pin since it announce its
capability to play AC3 data.

I got two methods to resolve the issue.

1. Use a media player with AC3 pass through option ( I used PowerDVD)

2. Use an AC3 filter with AC3 pass through option.

By any of these I could get an AC3 pass through to my driver.

Now the issue has resolved.

The volume and mute buttons of my PowerDVD gets disabled as soon as I select
the SPDIF option. Could anyone tell about how can we control volume in case
of AC3 over SPDIF?

Thanks and Regards

Varghese

  _____