[wdmaudiodev] 88.2 kHz support under Vista

  • From: "Philip Lukidis" <plukidis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:09:16 -0500

Hello.

One of our audio devices under Vista has an issue with 88.2k sample rate.  My
device can be "locked" at any one of my supported sample rates (32k, 44.1k,
48k, 88.2k, and 96k) in my CPL via dynamic audio subdevices.  My dynamic audio
subdevices seems to work fine.

When my device is locked at 88.2k, it seems that my DataRangeIntersection
handler never gets called more than once when I try to open the speaker
configuration page in the MS audio CPL for my device, and during this call it
returns a perfectly fine intersection.  A new stream is started successfully,
and then destroyed, but my DataRangeIntersection handler is never called again.
 Therefore no speaker configurations are displayed at this sample rate (I lock
the device at a specific sample rate in my control panel using dynamic audio
subdevices).

This only happens with a 88.2k sample rate; 32k, 44.1k, 48k, and 96k work fine.
 With these last sample rates, I'm called with varying audio data ranges, and
everything works fine in that all my supported speaker configurations are
displayed.  One more bit of detail; when I try to force my
DataRangeIntersection handler to return 16 bit support, all supported sample
rates except 88.2k are forced to 16 bits, but 88.2k is somehow forced to 24
bits (as it *always* is, even my I perform good intersections at 16 bits and 24
bits, and this is unique to 88.2k), despite the fact that I don't return
support for it.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here, and why my
DataRangeIntersection handler is only called once just for this sample rate
when I open the MS audio CPL speaker configuration page?

thanks,

Philip Lukidis