[wdmaudiodev] 5.5 db loss - kmixer mucking with data?

  • From: Uwe Kirst <u.kirst@xxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:15:40 +0100

Hello,
I'm an audio driver developer who wants to implement a
wdm-kernal-streaming driver. I't seems that I have a similar problem
that was discussed some time ago.
At the moment I'm debugging  the level-meter display and I'm wondering
if the kmixer changes the data that an mme-application sents.
If I use calkewalks sonar to play a 2-channel sine wave (full scale) the

level meter shows 100% (0 dB). If the same file is played with an
old-style mme-application like wavelab, I lose 5.50 dB. Does kmixer
change the data?
Someone mentioned it may be possible to set the kmixer-volume in the
.inf file. Maybe someone can be so kind an tell me how to do it?
The miniport driver itself does no volume processing. The port driver is

"Wave PCI". The level meter calculation seems to be ok, because the
input levels (record) als also correct.
Uffi