[wdmaudiodev] 5.1 speaker configuration on windows 7

  • From: Neetu Sand <neetu.freelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 18:52:00 +0530

Hi,

I have written a WDM audio driver based on wavecyclic miniport driver model
for our multi-channel audio device. We expose Stereo, Quad, 5.1 surround and
7.1 Surround speaker configuration from this device. When this driver is run
on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit/64 bit all speaker configuration work fine
except 5.1 Surround.

When audio is played using 5.1 surround speaker configuration, it is
distorted. Looks like there is a crosstalk between channels.

I see similar behavior on Vista 32/64 bit as well. Please note this does *
*not** happen on windows Xp. Windows XP plays clean audio when 5.1 Surround
configuration is chosen.

Is it a bug on Vista and Win7?

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

cheers