[waug] Re: Clocks - Advice please

  • From: Graham Mottram <graham.mottram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "J.M. Gray" <jmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, waug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:02:50 +0100

J.M. Gray wrote:
Dear Graham,

Hoping to come on Saturday!

A minor problem - when I restart my RISCOS 4.02 I get the error message ' The
date is incorrect on your system clock' to which I reply 'OK' and then my
'Organizer' diary opens at 1st January 1900. I guess that this might be
because the battery (there is one isn't there?) which keeps things ticking
along has died. If this is the case where can I get a replacement and where
does it go in the computer?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
It certainly sounds like the CMOS battery has failed - or is about to go terminal. I haven't got a computer open enough to point out exactly where it is, but the battery is about the size of a 10p piece and is soldered onto the motherboard. I'm copying this to other members who know better than me, but we can certainly look at a computer on Saturday if you don't feel strong enough to go solo!
Graham
Visit the WAUG website //www.freelists.org/webpage/waug