[The-L] Food Justice Bike Ride

  • From: "Bradley W. Compton" <bcompton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WarwickList@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:42:44 -0400

Fellow Warwickians,

Five of us from town will be riding in the Food Justice Bike Ride (http://foodjusticebikeride.com) a week from Sunday. It's a fundraiser for the Stone Soup Cafe in Greenfield, which holds a weekly pay-what-you-can community meal. Our goal is to raise at least $500. We're hoping that several of you would be willing to donate ten or twenty bucks (or more) for this good cause. It takes about two minutes to donate to our team (the Potholey Rollers) on the website:

https://www.Pledgereg.com/2683/Team/8724

The deadline for online donations is next Wednesday, June 20.

Also, we'd be very happy to have more people join our team. It's a ride, not a race, and there are two versions: a 43-mile ride and a 15-mile ride (our team will be split between the two). Both versions start and end at Just Roots Farm in Greenfield; the 15-mile ride does a loop north of Greenfield, while the 43-miler runs down the river to Sunderland and back up the other side. Registration is $30, and they'll feed us well.

Thanks from the Potholey Rollers,

Brad Compton
Howard Mathison
Jim Toth