The Ego Has Landed: Got Ellison?

  • From: Valley of the Geeks News <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Valley of the Geeks News <votg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:51:20 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for subscribing to the Valley of the Geeks newsletter.  This
month we've added a new series of "Ads we'd like to see..." spoofing
Microsoft, Oracle, Nasdaq and Pamela Anderson.  Be sure to forward this
email to others who might get a laugh. There's also a great summer
clearance sale through August 31 on select RTFM shirts, hats and
coolers with free shipping on some orders.  Check it out at:
http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=votg

This month we've selected (insert name here) from (somewhere) to win a
free copy of the Unauthorized Enron Joke Book by Tim Barry.  The book
was recently reviewed in the Library section along with new humor books
from SatireWire, TheOnion and Modern Humorist.  You can read the latest
reviews on high tech books and cool electronics gear at:
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Library/Library

Here are links to some of the most recent stories on Microsoft's
security API, a high-tech Ann Landers replacement, fake ads and the
usual satire on WorldCom, Anderson or whoever else is in trouble these
days.  New items are posted weekly.

Santa Ousted
Santa's been bad this year.  Very bad.
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/News/Santa-2.html

Oracle #1 ad parody
The ego has landed
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/Ego.html

Microsoft Snitch ad parody
A snitch in time
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/Snitch.html

Got Clap ad parody
Rock stars and milk? C'mon!
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/Clap.html

Second Chance
What do William Shatner, Ray Lane and a sock puppet have in common?
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/Second.html

Dear Miss Fortune
Stocks & Bondage advice by Mary Meager
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/MissFortune.html

Obscure Holidays
Our top 10 list including "Bring your lawyer to work day"
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/Holidays.html

Dear Miss Demeanor
Advice and Dissent by Cynthia E. Cooper at WorldCom
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/MissDemeanor.html

Microsoft New Security API
Top 10 APIs including convertPassWordToPigLatin
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/Security.html

Did I mention you can buy genuine RTFM shirts, hats and other items ON
SALE NOW?  Tell people how you really feal and support this site. (Big
deal!) http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=votg

And don't miss these classic satires:

Comdex, Shmomdex
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/ComdexShmomdex.html

Top 10 Reasons Windows Slipped
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com/Features/WindowsSlipped.html

Remember, the summer clearance on select RTFM hats, shirts and coolers
is on through August 31. Order now and save on shipping!
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=votg

For more humor visit:
http://www.valleyofthegeeks.com
High Tech Humor Served Fresh Occasionally

Feel free to forward this email to others with a sense of humor.

To unsubscribe at any time, use the following link: