[vlug] Open Source emerges as a Big Power.

  • From: Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug <puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, vlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:54:44 +0530

Hi all,

I am very happy being the part of this Open Source World since next
generation is boosted up with Open Source Technologies.

There are lot of happenings nowadays i could see in Linux and its Kernel.
The former and later has been the base for many new platforms today.

First it was RedHat and Debian, then came their very popular derivatives
Fedora and Ubuntu respectively, then came the biggest competitor of Iphone*
and Windows* mobile
" ANDROID ", the above mentioned were all based on the linux kernel which is
being an Open-source, except those starred.

And now its MEEGO, the new Operating System for Netbooks, Handhelds,
Electronic appliances, In-vehicle Infotainment,etc. which is developed based
on
Nokia’s Debian-based Maemo and Intel’s Fedora-based Moblin.  MeeGo is one of
the first Linux distributions to use the Btrfsfile system as default, and
uses RPM repositories.

It uses QT and Gtk for GUI development. And the Meego is released under GPL
license and Free Open Source Software. The SDK is also available in their
website which is free to download and develop.

World's Biggest and top Organisations finally understood the power of Open
Source and now it emerges as a Giant.

--
Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh

http://puduvailug.wordpress.com/

Visit the Blog to know  my experience with LINUX:

http://prasopensource.wordpress.com/