[vitunes] Re: mailling list problems ?

  • From: Ryan Flannery <ryan.flannery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vitunes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 00:51:30 -0500

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM, kilian <kilian.klimek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 06:04:29PM -0500, Ryan Flannery wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Daniel Walter <sahne@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > hi ryan,
>> >
>> > did you get any mails from the list in the last few days ?
>> > I've send two out and found them in the archives, but they
>> > never found their way into my mailbox ?
>>
>> I received the previous one I just responded to.  I'll check it out
>> tonight and let you know.
>>
>> I know the default setting for subscribers is for senders to not
>> receive copies of their messages.  I *thought* I changed that, but I
>> will check again.
>>
>> Anybody else noticing problems like this?
>>
> I have never received a copy of a message I send to the list. Would be
> nice though.

So the list does support this, and it is enabled (both list-wide as a
default setting for new subscribers) and I made sure to enable for all
current subscribers.

See their FAQ entry here:
//www.freelists.org/wiki/not_receiving_copies

It mentions & links to a gmail 'help' article about gmail's 'feature'
of automatically archiving posts you make to lists.  Damn it.  I would
like this too.

This explains all but Daniel, who isn't subscribed via gmail.  Just to
let Daniel know, though, I have received all of your emails that are
in the online archives.

Thoughts?