[VISTA] SB Live 5.1

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vista@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:44:14 -0700

Installed Vista Business last night and I'm in the process of installing
programs now.  The install went decent I guess, except it (Vista) didn't
recognize none of my hard drives! :-(  (four SATA's) Thankful for the
ability to browse cd/dvd's!

Anyway, the big problem right now is the sound card. I have been putting
off buying a new one because this one works just fine, but when Vista
starts up (booting to the welcome screen), I hear sound from all the
speakers, but once Vista is running after logging on, I only get sound
from two speakers and the sound card doesn't exist as far as the SB
diagnostic utility is concerned! Anyone else have or had this problem?

Their website (SB) considers this a product that had come to the end of
it's life, for lack of a better way of saying that, thus no drivers and
the such. I installed the drivers from the cd and it said it installed
them, but the problem(s) persist! <shrug>

When a computer dies, does it see a blue screen?

Windows Vista Links, list options
and info are available at:
http://www.VistaPop.com