[visionrehabtherapist] Re: telephones

  • From: "Voigt, Linda (OCFS)" <Linda.Voigt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'deannaaustin2009@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <deannaaustin2009@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:19:42 -0400

If you go to www.Safelinkwireless.com<http://www.Safelinkwireless.com> you can
find out about a free cell phone program for people who are disabled and/or low
income. It's a government program and gives them about 80 minutes a month, I
think.  It's not available in all states, so you have to enter their zip code
and find out if they qualify.  I have several consumers who have it and are
happy with it.  I think that with Lifeline though it's either/or--you can't
have both Lifeline and this program, but if they could get rid of their land
line, they could get this  for free.