[visionrehabtherapist] Re: question about teaching

  • From: Sharon Hudson <shudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "caitlin1snyder@xxxxxxxxx" <caitlin1snyder@xxxxxxxxx>, visionrehabtherapist <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:14:39 -0700

I go by never assume.  No two clients are going to be exactly alike.  You
should be prepared to teach the lesson the same way, for example you are
teaching marking the stove so you know your goal is to have the person be able
to set the stove at 350.  Well this is a generic goal so works for everyone -
but in making your lesson plan you should have options of how you might
accomplish the task given the perameters.  In this example I would have my
labeling kit which provides a wide range of ways to mark something using
everything from braille, loc dots, bump dots, etc.  Then I work with the
individual to see which one they can use.

Sharon Hudson
Associate Director

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential information for the use of the designated recipients named
above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this communication in error, and that any review, disclosure,
dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
calling (650) 858-0202 ext. 111 to arrange for destruction of these documents.