[visionrehabtherapist] question about teaching

  • From: Caitlin Snyder <caitlin1snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionrehabtherapist <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:55:48 -0400

I'm only a student in the vrt program at Western Michigan University,
but I do have a question about teaching.  I'm studying lesson plans
and service plans.  What I want to know is generally does the vrt
change the client's environment before doing the lesson or during the
lesson?  For instance, if the vrt knows from the client's case files
that the client has neuropathy, then should the vrt automatically
teach the client jumbo Braille and push the client to use this by
marking given objects in this format for particular lessons with the
client?

Perhaps I'm venturing too much into general policy, but as a student,
I'm not sure where to turn.

Thanks,

Caitlin Snyder

Administrator e-mail: dietz1112@xxxxxxxxx