[visionrehabtherapist] Re: manicures

  • From: "Brink-Chaney, Marcie (DELEG)" <brink-chaneym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Lori@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Elida Gares" <elidag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:18:34 -0400

In school, we learned that the person can put tape around the
fingernails covering the cuticles and put nail polish on the fingernails
and then peel off the tape. It works like taping the glass when painting
window frames so that no paint gets on the glass. It was suggested that
a person hold the brush closer to the bristles instead of by the cap so
the person has more control of where the polish goes on the nails. Also,
if the nail polish is kept in the refrigerator, it will feel cool when
it is put on the nails and the person might be able to feel it going on
the nails better. Also something that was not mentioned in class is that
Avon used to have fingernail polish that was put directly on the nails
from the bottle (like a pen) which would help a lot. I don't know if
Avon still makes it, but if they do, I'd be the first to try it if I
wanted to polish my fingernails.
I hope this helps a bit.

Marcie Brink-Chaney CVRT
Michigan Commission for the Blind