[visionrehabtherapist] input on NEMO electronic magnifier and/or others like it

  • From: "McInnis, Janet (DELEG)" <mcinnisj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:25:29 -0500

A client purchased a NEMO less about 5 years ago, and it no longer takes a
charge.  Could be that it has gone to magnifier heaven.  However, as 80
somethings are prone to do, she wants it repaired as it cost perhaps $800.  She
is not certain exactly where she purchased it, but, I tried charging it at my
home overnight, and used a different adapter from the same manufacturer
(enhanced vision) when the one she claimed came with it (radio shack) did not
work at my home either.
So, she just needs input on the shelf life of these items.  At times, the light
will flicker on, but the magnification screen and power on button never light
up.
She would like to know what other similar type devices are out there that
people like.  I will show her the max cam tomorrow, but, she likely wants the
portability she had with the NEMO.
any thoughts or experiences you are willing to share will be shared with her
tomorrow.  Thanks.

Janet McInnis
Michigan Commission for the Blind
(810)760-2033