[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Teaching mouse use to low vision students.

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mmoscato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:40:30 -0400

Hi Maurine,

When I have a student who is depending on the mouse, but should be learning the keyboard commands, I have been known to um take the mouse and make it really hard for the student to get to use it.

I will stick the mouse behind the computer or even unplug it if the students are really insistant on using the mouse.

the various things a mouse does.

1 left click, highlights a option in a list, menu, or icon, it doesn't select it, but just highlights it.

a double left click selects an item, opens an item or clicks a link.

A single right mouse click pulls up the applications.

A holding down of the left mouse button while sliding down the page causes text to be highlighted, think shift key being held down, smile.

You can also Drag things down the page using the mouse, again by pushing down on the left mouse button and then sliding the mouse down the screen while holding down the left button.

Those are the basics but like I said if the mouse isn't a part of ourr lesson, I make it disappear, so it can't be a temptation.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but a dog is mine.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Moscato, Maureen" <mmoscato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>