[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Blackboard on-line classroom question

  • From: Caitlin Snyder <caitlin1snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brink-chaneym@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:27:53 -0500

Hi,

I've used Blackboard with JAWS, and it can be difficult to use the
discussion part.  The cursor does in fact jump to the top, so I always
had to use tab or the arrow keys to navigate.  Another problem can
occur when someone posts an article that's in PDF form.  I don't know
why this is but even if the PDF had the OCR process done to it before
it was posted onto Blackboard, JAWS sometimes cannot read the file.
What I'd then have to do is download the PDF.  Don't just click the
"view" feature.  Download and then use Adobe's OCR function.  Another
option is to e-mail yourself the PDF to your Gmail account if you have
one because Gmail has this neat feature which allows you to read PDF
items as html.

I hope this helps.  Another option is to have the person or
instructor, who has posted something, to copy you to your e-mail
address.

Caitlin,