[visionrehabtherapist] A New Talking Label for medications

  • From: Terrie Terlau <tterlau@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:29:32 -0400

Here is something I found while researching labels. I think these products are
fairly new. Don't know about their recording quality or the quality of the
clip, bands, or ties, but wanted to share what I found. Here is a bullet point
that is going into the resource list we are developing.

Talking Labels (for medication boxes), sold by Maxi-aids, are small 20-second
voice recorders that can be attached to medications. A pharmacist or helper
pushes a record button, reads aloud the medication name and instructions, and
attaches the recorder to the medication container. The user presses a play
button on the recorder to hear the medication name and instructions. Ties and
bands are provided to attach the TelRX to medication bottles; and a clip on
Talking Labels attaches them to medication boxes.

Terrie (Mary T). Terlau, PhD
Adult Life Project Leader
American Printing House for the Blind
502.899.2381