[visionegg] Re: [visionegg]

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:30:39 -0700

Chintan Trivedi wrote:
> Is there a way in vision egg where I can define which of my two
> monitors I want my stimulus on?
>
> The get_default_screen command always returns the primary monitor for
> presentation of the visual stimulus.
>
> I have a monitor that controls visual stimulus and another monitor
> connected to the same CPU that presents the stimulus.
Hi Chintan,

The way to do with is with environment variables read by SDL.

setting the environment variable

SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS="0,0"

will cause the VE window to be draw in the upper left of your left
display. (This assumes your multi-monitor setup acts like a single
stretched display.)

There's an entry in the FAQ: http://www.visionegg.org/Documentation/FAQ
(See "How do I specify where on my screen the display should go? If I
create a window, I know how to direct the graphics to a certain location
within that window, but how do I set the position of the window itself?" )

Also, there are various emails to this archive in the past years about
it. See the thread at

//www.freelists.org/post/visionegg/two-monitors-configuration

-Andrew

--