[visionegg] Re: transparency in textureStimulus3d

  • From: adam naples <adam.naples@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:28:28 -0500

hmm, still no luck.
I'm on a mac which might be the problem, I'll try this on a windows machine later today
thanks
-a
On Feb 5, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Andrew Straw wrote:

Hi Adam,

I've make a new VE demo to test this out:
http://visionegg.org/trac/file/trunk/visionegg/demo/texture3D_alpha.py

It seems to work for me. Does this demo work for you?

Cheers!
Andrew

adam naples wrote:
Hi, I've got an image file that I'm using with the textureStumulus3d
class. The image is a png with alpha channel.
when I display the image though, the background is shown as white.
i'm using the following code to load the image based on the demo.
should I be setting some openGL parameter beforehand?
thanks
-a

filename = ("frog01.png")
texture = Texture(filename)

stimulus = TextureStimulus3D(texture=texture,
                            shrink_texture_ok=1,
                            internal_format = gl.GL_RGBA,
                            mipmaps_enabled=0,
                            texture_min_filter=gl.GL_LINEAR,
                            texture_mag_filter=gl.GL_LINEAR)

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa.security@xxxxxxxx and destroy this message.

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Your use of email to communicate protected health information to us indicates that you acknowledge and accept the possible risks associated with such communication. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone, fax or mail. If you do not wish to have your information sent by email, please contact the sender immediately.