[visionegg] timing in vision egg

  • From: "Joyca Lacroix" <j.lacroix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:38:44 +0100

L.S.

Currently I'm working on a psychological experiment in which I present (timed)
images of faces (tif format). I'm trying to present the images in a sequence,
every image for 1 second. Because I have only just begun using vision egg I
took one of the demo's in the VisionEgg folder as a strating point
(texture.py).
I notice that when I present the pictures, the timing becomes less and less
precise (after a few images the presentation takes up to 2 sec. and this delay
becomes larger and larger)
here is part of my code:
for i in range(0, len(photoX)):
    texture = TextureFromFile(photoX[i])
    stimulus = TextureStimulus(texture = texture,
                           size    = texture.orig.size,
                           shrink_texture_ok=1)
    viewport = Viewport(screen=screen,
                    stimuli=[stimulus])
    p = Presentation(go_duration=(0.5,'seconds'),viewports=[viewport])

    p.go()

Can you help me get the timing more precise? (the problem is not my videocard)

Thank you in anticipation
Greetings, J.L.

j.lacroix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx