[visionegg] Re: tiger install- ImportError: No module named Numeric

  • From: adam naples <adam.naples@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark A. Pinsk" <mpinsk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:38:32 -0700

are you sure that you installed numeric for python 2.3?
the web-page has instructions for 2.4
It's an easy mistake to make. but it's one of those things that can drive you crazy.

look in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/

if you have directories  for 2.3 and 2.4, this might be the problem.
I'd suggest installing the packages for 2.3. they work just fine for me, or upgrading to 2.4.

-a

On May 17, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Mark A. Pinsk wrote:

I just attempted an install on an intel power mac running tiger.   I
keep getting the same ImportError message when I attempt to run any of
the demos.  Am I missing something?  I installed the Numeric module as
was stated on the website.  thx~

./texture.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./texture.py", line 5, in ?
  import VisionEgg
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/ python2.3/site-packages/VisionEgg/__init__.py",
line 42, in ?
  import VisionEgg.ParameterTypes as ve_types
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/ python2.3/site-packages/VisionEgg/ParameterTypes.py",
line 28, in ?
  import Numeric
ImportError: No module named Numeric

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa.security@xxxxxxxx and destroy this message.

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Your use of email to communicate protected health information to us indicates that you acknowledge and accept the possible risks associated with such communication. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone, fax or mail. If you do not wish to have your information sent by email, please contact the sender immediately.