[visionegg] synchronising to VBLANK

  • From: Pallier Christophe <pallier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:10:24 +0100 (MET)

Hello All,

I am trying to synchronize to vertical retrace (VBLANK).
The documentation of the nvidia linux driver says to set
the variable __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK,

unfortunately this does not seem to have any effect:
visionegg still reports:

2003-02-25 16:02:01 (5549) WARNING: Although the configuration variable
    VISIONEGG_SYNC_SWAP is set, unable to detect or automatically
    synchronize
    buffer swapping with vertical retrace. May be possible by manually
    adjusting video drivers. (Look for "Enable Vertical Sync" or similar.)
    If buffer swapping is not synchronized, frame by frame control will
    not be possible. Because of this, you will probably get a warning
    about
    calculated frames per second different than specified.

Has anybody managed to get VBLANK synchro on a nvidia GeForce card?

Also, when trying to run in "max priority", I get the message:
RuntimeError: Cannot change priority.  Unknown platform 'linux-i386'

Best,

Christophe Pallier
www.pallier.org