[visionegg] screen position and graphics artifacts

  • From: Adam Light <aclight@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:21:52 -0600

Hello All

I'm just starting to use vision egg and it looks like a nice package. I'm
having difficulties with two things:

1. How do I specify where on my screen the display should go? If I create a
window, I know how to direct the graphics to a certain location within that
window, but how do I set the position of the window itself?

2. When using certain stimuli, including the demo versions of the moving
grating and put_pixels, I sometimes see an artifact that travels from the
bottom of the window to the top. It usually looks like a slightly jagged
line, and usually travels across the entire screen slowly to the top. I'm
not sure if this is a programming issue or something that is specific to my
monitor. It's an LCD monitor running at 60Hz, and that's what vision egg is
set to use.

Thanks for any help you can give me
Adam