[visionegg] random freezes

  • From: Gary Lupyan <glupyan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:14:15 -0400

A head-scratcher.. .  I have a script that my collaborators report is
randomly freezing (i.e., stops responding and has to be shut down).
This always occurs in between trials. Sometimes it runs all the way
through. The problem is that I can't replicate it on my computer,
making diagnosis difficult.  One possibility I was considering is that
another process may be attempting to open the output file as it's
being written. A virus scanner perhaps?  I had the person running the
script (this is at a remote location) turn off Windows' Indexing
service, but that did not resolve the issue.  The VisionEgg.log file
does not report any problems.

I know this is very vague, but does anyone have any thoughts?  Should
I suggest that he run it in Priority mode?
What is the best way to prevent other programs from accessing the
output file (to at least rule this out as a problem)?  Right now I
just open it with file(foo.txt,'w')

Thanks!

--Gary