[visionegg] Re: quicktime

  • From: "Smith, Mason" <masonrs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:01:32 -0400

From Apple's website I downloaded Quicktime 7.3 SDK for Windows, and
QTMLClient.dll wasn't in the download.

From googling QTMLClient.dll it seems like it may have been included in
earlier versions (e.g. Quicktime 5 SDK).  I found a couple different
places where I could download different versions of QTMLClient.dll.  For
both versions, I placed it in the path where VisionEgg was trying to
find it, ran quicktime.py, and got the following error:

2008-04-15 19:50:33,980 (3160) CRITICAL: Traceback (most recent call
last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\masonrs\Desktop\video
test\demo\quicktime.py", line 14, in <module>
    from VisionEgg.QuickTime import new_movie_from_filename,
MovieTexture
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\QuickTime.py", line 17,
in <module>
    import VisionEgg.qtmovie as qtmovie
  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\qtmovie.py", line 2, in
<module>
    import qtlowlevel
  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\qtlowlevel.py", line
117, in <module>
    NewMovieFromProperties = QTMLClient.NewMovieFromProperties
  File "C:\Python25\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 362, in __getattr__
    func = self.__getitem__(name)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 367, in __getitem__
    func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))
AttributeError: function 'NewMovieFromProperties' not found

Perhaps both the versions of QTMLClient.dll that I found are different
from yours?