[visionegg] Re: playing movies in Windows

  • From: Jim Magnuson <james.magnuson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:06:42 -0500

Fancy that. I should have written you directly. The quicktime stuff says it's mac only so I didn't try. Yes, please; send the code!

On Jan 16, 2007, at 7:04 PM, adam naples wrote:

I'm using the visionegg quicktime code instead of pygame.movie. it works on XP and mac os x.
not too sure about win2k, as I don't have it on a machine.
I can send you the code if you like

-a
On Jan 16, 2007, at 6:37 PM, Jim Magnuson wrote:

We need to play movies during an experiment on a machine running Windows 2000.

pygame.movie doesn't currently work under Windows. The pygame.movie page (http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/movie.html) refers to pymedia (http://www.pymedia.org/) as a potential solution.

My question: before we invest time in this route, has anyone tried pymedia with visionegg, or found another solution? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jim