[visionegg] Re: moving aperture

  • From: adam naples <adam.naples@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:31:03 -0400

I'm trying this right now, and my .png files are not being displayed with transparency, even though I'm saving them with transparency. I'm using the pygame.image.load to load them as surfaces and then converting them to textures, is there some other approach i should be using?
thanks
-an

On Sep 20, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Andrew Straw wrote:

Hi Jim,

I suggest making your aperture using a .png with an alpha channel. Then
see the alpha_texture.py demo to show how to display this. Finally, if
you want to move the aperture, you'll have to adjust the position
parameter of your aperture-containing texture. Something like
mouseTarget.py should get you on the right track.

Cheers!
Andrew

Jim Magnuson wrote:

I'm brand new to vision egg, and getting stymied about how to do the
following task.

What I want to do is display an image or text in a viewport, but then
hide all but a small aperture (e.g., an oval with gaussian edges),
and then move the aperture around.

 If anyone has advice or example code to share, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

jim