[visionegg] Re: making a mess of installation OS X

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:27:54 -0700

On Aug 24, 2005, at 1:03 AM, Robert Ward wrote:

Speaking to this point, does anybody have a thought on the legality of
distributing a package for OS X that includes all of the necessary
dependancies? I know we've been working on this internally in our group, but
it would be great if we could distribute it widely.

Thanks,

nick

Sounds like a great idea! It looks like all the necessary packages have licenses appropriate for this kind of distribution.

I second that it's a great idea. MacEnthon may save yourself a lot of effort if you can use it. I specifically asked for pygame to go in there to make our lives easier. Perhaps you could get in touch with Robert Kern about helping him release it, keeping it up to date, including the Vision Egg, and so on?

As far as the licenses, this is specifically what open-source software is about! Generally, as long as you give credit and make the source available, everyone is happy.

Cheers!
Andrew