[visionegg] Re: making a mess of installation OS X

  • From: "Kevin J. MacKenzie" <kjmacken@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:55:42 -0400

The python 2.4 should install in /usr/local not in /Library/Python/2.3 if
you compiled it from source.  Try checking there for the 2.4 install (and
wiping it).  The version of python that comes with should still function.
The stock instructions on the visionegg website are for 2.3 that comes with
OS X, and most likely will not work for a 2.4 install.

I haven't messed with python 2.4, as the things that are available for OS X
tend to assume a 2.3 install located in /Library/Python/2.3/

The install of macenthon also work *only* for the 10.3.x python version.
There was a fix (workaround) I found for Tiger which I posted to this list
about a month ago.

Kevin