[visionegg] Re: making a mess of installation OS X

  • From: Nicholas A Knouf <nknouf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:15:39 -0400

Speaking to this point, does anybody have a thought on the legality of
distributing a package for OS X that includes all of the necessary
dependancies?  I know we've been working on this internally in our group, but
it would be great if we could distribute it widely.

Thanks,

nick

Quoting Robert Ward <r.ward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi
Very interested in visionegg. But, I'm ashamed to admit, but I've been
trying to install visionegg for several days and seem to be further away
than ever. I'm running OS X 10.3.9. I tried installing macenthon and then
visionegg, according to the "Instructions for Panther", which didn't seem
to go well for some reason. The 'uninstall' script for macenton failed. I
then tried the "Old Instructions For Panther 10.3". Launching check-
config.py said that visionegg couldn't be loaded. I then tried installing
python 2.4.1, and reinstalling again according to the 'Old instructions'.
This was even worse as check-config not only couldn't load visionegg, but
also couldn't load several of the other python packages I installed.

Is there an easy way to uninstall this mess and try again, or do I need
to do something drastic at this point.
Thanks for any help
Rob