[visionegg] Re: installing visionegg on windows 2000

  • From: "Smith, Eric Edward,M.D." <EESMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:45:29 -0400

Hi

I am trying to install visionegg on my windows 2000 computer.  All of the
accessories appear to have downloaded okay (i.e. python and related programs).
Next I downloaded and ran the "visionegg-0.9.4win32.exe program.  However I dont
see any application on my system called visionegg.  Is it supposed to create a
c:\visionegg folder?  A folder called visionegg did appear in the python folder,
but i opened it and i didnt see any application called visionegg.

Next i tried downloading and unzipping the visionegg-0.9.4 folder to my c:drive.
Still i wasnt sure what to do.  I tried running the .exe program again.  I read
the readme files.

Next i tried the command "c:\visionegg-0.9.4\setup.py install" using the command
prompt and got the error message "warning: unknown distribution option:
'classifiers'.  Below that it read:
"running install
running build
running build.py
error: package directory 'src' does not exist

How do i run the program?  Is my installation wrong?

Thanks
Eric Smith
department of neurology, harvard university, boston

P.S.  I would like to run an alternating checkerboard pattern, is that easy to
do with visionegg?