[visionegg] Re: installation problems

  • From: Paula Bonomini <paulabonomini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:25:54 -0300 (ART)

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry to bother you again, but my machine insists in failing to run Vision
Egg. After doing the steps you suggested, the reported problem from
check-config is the same as the one before. And this small game Glaxium (I
don't remember exactly the name) does not work. It says that there's an
inicialization problem and it will shut down.
Anyway, I send you the error once again, this time in txt format:-)
I also tried with an active python version sent by Markus Bongard, but the
problem remains the same. Definitely I need an appropiate version of OpenGl,
what do you reckon?

Cheers,
Paula.

Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Paula,

From the images, it seems that an OpenGL-related DLL is not loading. I
suggest the following steps:

First, make sure OpenGL works on your system. Try running Galaxium
(from http://xhosxe.free.fr/glaxium/ ), a small, open-source OpenGL
game.

Second, re-install PyOpenGL-2.0.0.44.win32-py2.2.exe. Double check
that C:\Python\Lib\site-packages now contains a directory called OpenGL.

Third, try running check-config again and send us the output if this
doesn't help. (Rather than taking a screenshot, you should be able to
select text from the console and copy it to the clipboard by
right-clicking on the title bar.)

Good luck!
Andrew

On Tuesday, Dec 2, 2003, at 21:05 Australia/Adelaide, Paula Bonomini
wrote:

> Ok,
> here I am once again!
> I attach you the prints of the console after running  Vission Egg and
> the error that arises when I want to run a demo.
>
> I repeat, I've installed it under Windows 2000, with the versions of
> the programs suggested by the Vision Egg web page (at the installation
> notes)
> Any suggestion?

---------------------------------
 ¿Buscás un auto?
Encontralo en Yahoo! Autos
¡Más de 4000 clasificados todos los días!
Usados - 0 km - Vendé el tuyo
check-config.py for Vision Egg 0.9.4.
[2003/02/25 15:14:11 CVS revision 1.13]
Beginning configuration check.
VisionEgg version 0.9.4

VisionEgg modules in C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\VisionEgg
VisionEgg system directory C:\Python22\VisionEgg
VisionEgg user directory C:\VisionEgg

Config file found at C:\Python22\VisionEgg\VisionEgg.cfg

SYNCLYNC_PRESENT = 0
VISIONEGG_CONFIG_FILE = C:\Python22\VisionEgg\VisionEgg.cfg
VISIONEGG_FRAMELESS_WINDOW = 0
VISIONEGG_FULLSCREEN = 0
VISIONEGG_GAMMA_FILE = custom.ve_gamma
VISIONEGG_GAMMA_INVERT_BLUE = 2.1
VISIONEGG_GAMMA_INVERT_GREEN = 2.1
VISIONEGG_GAMMA_INVERT_RED = 2.1
VISIONEGG_GAMMA_SOURCE = none
VISIONEGG_GUI_INIT = 1
VISIONEGG_GUI_ON_ERROR = 1
VISIONEGG_HIDE_MOUSE = 1
VISIONEGG_LOCK_TIME_TO_FRAMES = 0
VISIONEGG_LOG_FILE = VisionEgg.log
VISIONEGG_LOG_TO_STDERR = 1
VISIONEGG_MAXPRIORITY = 0
VISIONEGG_MESSAGE_LEVEL = 1
VISIONEGG_MONITOR_REFRESH_HZ = 60.0
VISIONEGG_PREFERRED_BPP = 32
VISIONEGG_RECORD_TIMES = 1
VISIONEGG_REQUEST_ALPHA_BITS = 0
VISIONEGG_REQUEST_BLUE_BITS = 8
VISIONEGG_REQUEST_GREEN_BITS = 8
VISIONEGG_REQUEST_RED_BITS = 8
VISIONEGG_SCREEN_H = 480
VISIONEGG_SCREEN_W = 640
VISIONEGG_SYNC_SWAP = 1
VISIONEGG_SYSTEM_DIR = C:\Python22\VisionEgg
VISIONEGG_TKINTER_OK = 1
VISIONEGG_USER_DIR = C:\VisionEgg
_FRAMECOUNT_ABSOLUTE = 0

The demo files should be in C:\Python22\VisionEgg\demos

Version checklist:

Python version 2.2.2 (OK)
extra Python info: (#37, Nov 26 2002, 10:24:37) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
Numeric version 21.0 (OK)
PyOpenGL (package "OpenGL") failed
pygame version 1.5.5 (OK)
Python Imaging Library (package "Image") version 1.1.4 (OK)

Optional module(s):

Pyro version 3.3beta (OK)
winioport failed