[visionegg] graphics drawing

  • From: Gabriel Nevarez <nevarezg@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 02:51:19 +0000

Hello,

I'm interested in using standard QuickDraw-like drawing functions (such as PaintArc() or PaintRect()) while still maintaing VisionEgg's nice object stimulus model. It's quite easy to go down to the PyGame level and just do it in straight OpenGL, but I'd sacrifice the ability to easily add new stimuli to arbitrary viewports, in addition to many other (great!) VisionEgg benefits.

The closest analogue in the default libs is the MoreStimuli module, particularly Target2D(). In the hopes of delaying creating my own module in this vein, essentially mimicking the QuickDraw/GDI functions that I need, I was wondering if anybody's played around with making such a library for VisionEgg.

Not a particularly difficult task, but quite time-consuming.

Thanks!

-=Gabriel Nevarez
Research Programmer
Psychology Department