[visionegg] Re: gl_qt problem

  • From: Andrew Straw <astraw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:15:20 -0700

Hi John,

I know this works on more machines than my own, so I suspect there might be something wrong with your installation. Can you delete the contents of C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\ and then re-install with the new bleeding edge version and try again?

Andrew

John Herrington wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I downloaded the bleeding edge version (the output reads Vision Egg 1.1.dev), and I'm still getting the same error... let me know if there's other stuff I should try.

Cheers - John

Andrew Straw wrote:
Dear John,

On Windows, the quicktime stuff works in the "bleeding edge" release. I will make an "official" release once I ensure that quicktime is working in both Windows and Mac. (I'm afraid the process of getting it working in Windows broke it on Mac, but now that I actually have a decent Mac machine, I'm much less averse to doing development for it.)

So, give the bleeding edge release a try and let us know if there are any issues.
-Andrew

John Herrington wrote:
I am a newbie to visionegg and python who has just installed them (and their dependencies) on my Windows XP machine. I'm able to run most of the demos (in the visionegg-1.0-demos package), except for some related to presenting video. It looks like errors related to pygame.movie have been documented on the listserv, but I'm having a problem running quicktime.py as well. When I run it, I get the following error:

2007-03-20 11:30:27,305 (1916) INFO: Script C:\Python24\VisionEgg\visionegg-1.0-demos\quicktime.py started Vision Egg 1.0 with process id 1916.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\VisionEgg\visionegg-1.0-demos\quicktime.py", line 14, in ? from VisionEgg.QuickTime import new_movie_from_filename, MovieTexture File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\QuickTime.py", line 18, in ?
   import VisionEgg.gl_qt # C implementation of GL/QT interface
 File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\VisionEgg\gl_qt.py", line 4, in ?
   import _gl_qt
ImportError: No module named _gl_qt

Although the message seems to point pretty clearly to a single line in the gl_qt.py file that tries to load a module named _gl_qt (and fails), I was unable to fix it... has anyone encountered this problem, and if so, what is the solution?

Thanks!

John Herrington