[visionegg] Re: drawing

  • From: John Christie <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:50:57 -0400

On May 17, 2007, at 6:30 PM, Andrew Straw wrote:

There's support in VE for using pygame surfaces. Pygame has some drawing
commands http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/draw.html

That seems pretty good for the basic drawing.

Another idea would be to use Agg a C++ drawing library. Matplotlib has a Python wrapper of Agg you could presumably bend to your will with a bit
of fender and bodywork. I think Enthought's kiva/chaco does too. Agg
does beautiful anti-aliased drawing. http://www.antigrain.com/

OK, maybe that will help simplify the task of constructing a drawing out of other drawings... I'll look into it thanks.